Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Punches, kicks and a hiking adventure.


Sorry my Brazilian friends (even if you don't know about this blog yet), but this blog needs to be in English!

I'm sure you are very curious about my story about the Lion's Head.

Ok, let's go!

It was a common afternoon and my friends from school organized this visit to the mountain to watch the sunset! Do you know those kinds of people with no opinion, that just go with the flow? Exactly, I'm one of them! They invited me, I said yes.

By the time we arrived at Lion's Head, I still had the idea that it was going to be a normal walk with a beautiful view. My mistake! We started hiking at 6 PM. For the first 10 minutes, everything was just fine because I didn't need to make any extra effort. Then, the rocks showed up and it became a tricky way. I'm not trying to say that it's not amazing being there, because it was. But I didn't think it was that hard! Unfotunately, I didn't make it to the top and it was cloudy and we couldn't watch the sunset. I was exhausted and my legs didn't obey me anymore so I wasn't able to go further. On the other hand, I still have 6 and a half weeks more to try it again!

As it wasn't enough to be defeated by Lion's Head, I went to the gym the next day. It was a school activity and I was curious about the Kata Box class (that is similar to Body Combat class). Even with all my muscles in pain now, I don't regret it. It was a fun class and, as in almost everywhere around here, I had an opportunity to talk about Brazil with a South African. The teacher, named Mike, looked for me after class and told me his father was a Brazilian and that he had been to Brazil 3 times. So, after kicks, punches, jumps and a brief conversation, I was prepared for the Brazilian Party later that day!!!

Coming next: The Brazilian Party and teaching samba!

1 comment: